When applying one’s foot to the brake pedal, it is taken for granted that the braking mechanism will begin to slow or stop the vehicle. A hermetically sealed reed switch plays a key reliability role by monitoring that the brake fluid level is maintained at its proper level, preventing a loss of the vehicle's braking system.
MEDER's approach uses the most reliably sensor technology to ensure high quality operation over a long life, in the presence of high temperature and dirty environments, normally seen under the hood of an automobile...
Full application writeup:
- Ability to operate up to 150°C
- Accurate control of the open and closure
- Designed for under the hood environment
- Different headers and sleeves available
- Dynamically tested contacts
- Housing vapor sealed
- Hermetically sealed
- Millions of hot switching operations
- Low cost
- Reliable switching
- 10 year proven technology
- Use of PCB assembly preventing potential cracking with other assembly technologies
- Wide differential preventing on/off cycling