Hotel Card Readers Use Reed Sensors for Detection
Card readers have come under increased use in hotels and a host of other card detection activities. With the dramatic increase in use, the quality and reliability have become big factors in shaping the technology used for card detection. Furthermore, power requirements can play an important role as well. Designers have chosen reed sensors to improve the quality, reliability and reduce power usage.
Full application write up: Hotel Security Card Readers use Reed Sensors
- Magnet and Reed Sensor are isolated and have no physical contact by typically having the magnet mounted to a mechanical arm, and the Reed Sensor mounted and positioned usually on a PCB to accurately pick up the movement of the magnetic field from the magnet on the arm.
- The reed switch used in the Reed Sensor is hermetically sealed and is therefore not sensitive to wet, dirty, dusty environments.
- The magnet is not affected by its environment
- Tens of millions of reliable operations.
- Surface mount and through hole packages available
- Contacts dynamically tested