Dishwasher Spray Arms Protected by Reed Sensors
Most modern kitchens today have as an essential component - a dishwasher. Actually dishwashers if designed properly can be very power efficient and represent a healthier approach to washing dishes. One of the essential actions that takes place within the dishwasher is rotation of the spray arm. This generally sprays hot water/steam and/or hot air under high pressure to all the dishes. If a dish is improperly positioned in the washer blocking the rotation of the spray arm trouble will ensue. However, reed sensors have solved this commonly occurring problem...
Full application write up: Reed Sensor Detects Dishwasher Spray Arms Obstruction
- Magnet and Reed Sensor are isolated and have no physical contact by typically having the magnet mounted to a rotating disk, and the Reed Sensors are mounted strategically to a PCB, such that the magnetic field of magnet will be sensed with each rotation of the disk.
- The reed switch used in the Reed Sensors is hermetically sealed and is therefore not sensitive to its surrounding environment
- The magnet is not affected by high and low temperature environments
- Tens of millions of reliable operations
- Surface mounting and through-hole mounting
- Contacts dynamically tested